Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Handmade Waldorf Dolls

Sharing a few pictures of my most recent handmades-organic waldorf dolls: Skylark Morning and Ruby Rainbow.  I made these for my daughter's 5th birthday, which is coming up in a few weeks.  Both dolls are made from 100% organic cotton knit and are stuffed with organic wool, organic brown rice, organic buckwheat hull, and organic lavender.  Their hair is made from wool felt.  These were so much fun to make!  I have searched everywhere for a waldorf-style doll that is an actual baby doll, the same size as a real baby, and weighted like a real baby.  I couldn't find what I wanted, so as is my usual solution I decided to make it myself!  I drew the pattern for the dolls by hand and I am working on getting a tutorial up very soon!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

so cute :) and love the blog makeover!