Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I finally figured out how to make good chocolate chip cookies. I always think my cookies turn out too crispy but with a little experimentation I think I got it right this time. I hope I can duplicate this in the future. Sorry Pete, these came out much better than the ones I sent with you!




Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons salt
1 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Beat together butter and sugars in your stand mixer on high speed. Lower speed to medium, and add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Lower mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture a little at a time until incorperated. Turn mixer off and fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
Drop cookies onto parchment paper by the rounded tablespoonful. I use a large mellon baller. The dough balls are about 1 1/2" wide on the cookie sheets and I space them 2-3 inches apart.

Bake 16 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.

No comments: